PUBLIC WORKS GEOTER FN
Civil engineering structures built on soil with low bearing capacity, clay soil with a high water content or organic soil can be exposed to compaction, due to the compressible nature of the subgrade, or when subjected to a load.
GEOTER® FN is a reinforcing geocomposite recommended for extreme applications such as the reinforcement of compressible soil, platforms, road foundations and construction site roads. It helps reduce the effects of compaction.
Due to its manufacturing process, GEOTER® FN dissociates separation and reinforcement functions. The tensile strength of the geocomposite is obtained via the action of high-strength polymer cables. The separation/filtration function is performed by the non-woven geotextile, the filtration aperture of which is constant regardless of the geocomposite’s tensile strength.
GEOTER® FN has an immediate tensioning feature, allowing it to instantly absorb stress and limit initial deformation during tensioning.
This product is also suitable for stabilising cavities.
- High tenacity with elongation at break inferior to 11%
- The non-woven geotextile protects the cables during compaction and ensures excellent resistance to puncture
- Combines reinforcement, separation and filtration functions
- Optimal aperture for filtration : water flows freely and can be discharged
- Excellent permeability (>0.05 m/s)
- High strength during implementation, even under harsh conditions
- Reinforcing geosynthetic made of high-tenacity polyester by the combination of a non-woven geotextile (separation and filtration function) and high-strength polymer cables (reinforcement function)
- Roll width: 5.30 m (17.4')
- Roll length: 70 or 100 m (230' or 328')
- Tensile strength: up to 2,000 kN/m