BUILDING CONSTRUCTION DRAINTUBE GAS
Construction of new buildings on old industrial sites with polluted soil or on areas with the potential for elevated indoor radon levels, requires the installation of a sub-slab depressurization (SSD) system as a mitigation system.
Installed below the vapor barrier, the DRAINTUBE® GAS geocomposite is used as part of the SSD system, replacing the granular drainage layer and separation geotextile. It has a high and stable over time drainage capacity, even under heavy loads.
DRAINTUBE® GAS is mechanically connected to the exhaust pipes using the Quick Connect system. It reduces pressure losses and improves the overall SSD system performances. DRAINTUBE® GAS is compatible with active SSD.
Connection to the exhaust pipe using the Quick Connect system
The Quick Connect system connects the mini-pipes of the DRAINTUBE® GAS directly to the collector pipe. This ensures that the overall system is depressurized, and it reduces pressure losses.
- A proven solution as sub-slab depressurization system
- Effective gas drainage (LFG, radon, etc.)
- Compatible with passive and active depressurization systems
- Reduction of the required excavation and disposal of polluted soils
- Reduction of the social footprint (less truck traffic, less neighborhood disturbance)
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
- Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m (80’’, 40’’, 20’’, 10’’)
- Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m (13.1’ x 246’)
FIND OUT MORE...
Projects completed with DRAINTUBE GAS
Drainage and protection under waterproofing layer
A22 motorway central reservation - Roncq - Tourcoing (59)
43 000 m2
The waterproof area of the A22 motorway’s central reservation is affected by gas leaks. The DRAINTUBE® FT drainage system was installed to drain gases and guarantee the integrity of the geomembrane.
Railway Maintenance Center - Lachine (Montréal)
10 000 m2
During the construction of a railway maintenance center, a DRAINTUBE® solution was put in place to cope with the rising gases coming from polluted soils.
Radon gas mitigation
Commercial warehouse building - Edmonton (Canada)
60 000 m2
Rehabilitation of former industrial sites can be subjected to a radioactive gas, radon, which presents a health risk to the occupants. DRAINTUBE GAZ has been used to allow sub-slab depressurization and to prevent radon gas from rising.