HYDRAULIC STRUCTURES DRAINTUBE FTF
Internal drainage is of vital importance to the stability and reliability of earth dams. Drainage systems regulate seepage in the dam itself and in its foundation, lowering the phreatic surface and reducing the pore pressure.
DRAINTUBE® FTF geocomposite provides a suitable solution to improve the collection of the water and control the pore pressure. It has a high and stable over time drainage capacity, even under heavy loads.
- At the base of the dam as horizontal drainage blanket, DRAINTUBE® FTF lowers the phreatic surface
- At regular intervals into the earth dam, as finger drains, DRAINTUBE® FTF helps reduce the pore pressure and controlling the internal erosion
In addition to being cost-effective and easy to install, it has a better impact on the environment as it replaces granular layers and reduces or eliminates the need to transport these resources.
Connection to the main collector pipe using the Quick Connect system
The Quick Connect system connects the mini-pipes of the DRAINTUBE® FTF directly to a main collector pipe. This allows for the replacement of the collector trenches when site conditions make their construction difficult. It also permits to better control the outflow.
- High drainage capacity under heavy loads
- Improved collection system and phreatic surface control
- Reduced risk of dam failure
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
- Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m (80’’, 40’’, 20’’, 10’’)
- Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m (13.1’ x 246’)
FIND OUT MORE...
Projects completed with DRAINTUBE FTF
Drainage under and within the body of the dike
Development of controlled flooding field structures - Renty (62)
7 800 m2 (under dike)
As a result of frequent floods, flood storage areas were developed to receive flood waters. SOMTUBE® FTF and DRAINATEX® were used to guarantee the sustainability of the dikes as well as water drainage.