MINING ENGINEERING DRAINTUBE CONDUCTIVE
To protect the groundwater from the infiltration of mine tailings and process water, the construction of the ponds integrates single or double sealing systems. The installation of a double geomembrane liner and a geoelectric leak detection campaign increases the safety of the entire system with respect to environmental risks. This requires the installation of an electrically conductive layer under the primary geomembrane in addition to a drainage system.
DRAINTUBE® CONDUCTIVE is a conductive drainage geocomposite consisting of a conductive grid made of Stainless-Steel cables placed inside a DRAINTUBE® product. Placed between the two geomembranes, it allows leak detection by geo-electrical methods, protects the geomembrane against puncture and drains any leakage during operation.
The applicable leak detection methods compatible with the DRAINTUBE® CONDUCTIVE are Water puddle (ASTM D7002) and Arc test (ASTM D7953) for exposed geomembranes, and Dipole (ASTM D7007) for covered geomembranes.
- Geocomposite that provides 4 functions: mechanical protection, filtration, drainage and leak detection
- Homogeneous diffusion of electric current under the geomembrane
- Compatible with geo-electrical leak location surveys: exposed geomembranes (Water puddle, Arc test) and covered geomembranes (Dipole)
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
- Conductive 50 mm x 50 mm (2’’ x 2’’) grid made of Stainless-Steel cables
- Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m (80’’, 40’’, 20’’, 10’’)
- Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m (13.1’ x 246’)