After operation, the landfills are covered by a final impermeable cover system It aims to limit the infiltration of rainwater into the waste (thus the generation of leachate) and to optimize the collection of landfill gas (LFG).
Placed on the geomembrane, DRAINTUBE® provides filtration, rainwater drainage and mechanical protection of the geomembrane with a single product and a single installation. It replaces the geomembrane upper protection geotextile, the granular drainage layer, and the filtration geotextile.
Placed under the geomembrane, DRAINTUBE® ensures drainage of LFG from the waste, and the mechanical protection of the geomembrane. It replaces the geomembrane lower protection geotextile, the granular drainage layer, and the filtration geotextile.
Connection to the main header pipe using the Quick Connect system
The Quick Connect system connects the mini-pipes of the DRAINTUBE® directly to the main header pipe. This ensures that the overall system is depressurized, reduces pressure losses, and increases the vacuum zone of influence.
- Effective drainage of rainwater (on the geomembrane) or landfill gas (under the geomembrane)
- Filtration of the surrounding soil layer
- Mechanical protection of the geomembrane against puncture
- Improvement of the performance of the impermeable cover system by limiting the hydraulic head on the geomembrane and the gas pressure under the geomembrane
- Stability of the final cover
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
- Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m (80’’, 40’’, 20’’, 10’’)
- Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m (13.1’ x 246’)
FIND OUT MORE...
Projects completed with DRAINTUBE
WM Landfill final closure
Ste Sophie landfill - Quebec
500 000 m2
To ensure rainwater drainage and biogas collection in the final closure, Waste Management has replaced its traditional solution, which no longer guarantees sufficient drainage capacity, with the DRAINTUBE® solution.
Vancouver Landfill W40 final closure
Vancouver Landfill - British Columbia
250 000 m2
For its landfill closure project, Sperling Hansen & Associates, in collaboration with SCS Engineers, decided to use the DRAINTUBE® solution for LFG collection under the geomembrane and runoff drainage.