MINING ENGINEERING DRAINTUBE
When draining leachates as part of metal extraction operations in leach pads, DRAINTUBE® provides a suitable solution for a full and timely collection as well as the disposal of metal-rich solutions. Once contained, DRAINTUBE® is capable of withstanding very high compressive stress, even at high temperatures.
The design of leach pads in heaps meets strict environmental requirements in terms of stability and insulation. DRAINTUBE® is therefore a first-class technical alternative to collect leachates and protect the liners. In addition to being low-cost and easy to install, it has a better impact on the environment as it replaces granular layers and reduces or eliminates the need to transport these resources.
Connection to the main collector pipe using the Quick Connect system
The Quick Connect system connects the mini-pipes of the DRAINTUBE® directly to a main collector pipe. This allows for the replacement of the collector trenches when site conditions make their construction difficult. It also permits to better control the outflow.
- High drainage capacity under heavy loads
- Improved collection system and hydraulic pressure control
- Improvement of the stability of the pad
- Optimization of existing disposal areas
- Replacement of the collector trenches using the Quick Connect system
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
- Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m (80’’, 40’’, 20’’, 10’’)
- Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m (13.1’ x 246’)