HYDRAULIC STRUCTURES DRAINTUBE
Lined ponds are often built close to the water table or on soil made up of organic materials likely to release gases when decomposing. Rising water, air and gases under the liner of the ponds generate under pressure likely to result in irreversible deformations of the geomembrane. Drainage under the liner is therefore essential for the stability and durability of these structures.
DRAINTUBE® offers a solution adapted to the filtration, drainage of water and gases, as well as the mechanical protection of the geomembrane to avoid these deformations. This drainage system helps discharge water towards one draining trench while distributing residual pressure.
T-Connect System, while associated with DRAINTUBE®, allows the collection of the gas through the anchor trench around the pond which avoids the perforation of the liner.
For hydraulic structures with a double lining system, a leak detection layer is required between the primary and secondary liners. Placed between the two geomembranes, DRAINTUBE® collects any leakage during operation and protects the geomembrane against puncture.
While the drainage capacity of DRAINTUBE® is similar to that of a layer of highly permeable drainage material, its cost is lower and it is easier to implement.
- Geomembrane protection
- Control and limitation of the hydraulic pressure below the geomembrane
- Used for more than 20 years
- Reduction of the earthwork and excavation below the pond
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
- Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m (80’’, 40’’, 20’’, 10’’)
- Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m (13.1’ x 246’)
FIND OUT MORE...
Projects completed with DRAINTUBE
Waterproofing of motorway ponds
A63 stormwater ponds - Saint-Geours-de-Maremne (40)
67 000 m2
To ensure the sustainability and waterproofing of the A63 stormwater ponds, a DRAINTUBE® FT solution was implemented. It drains rising groundwater while guaranteeing the waterproofing of the ponds.