PUBLIC WORKS DRAINTUBE
The installation of a drainage system under railways solves many problems that can be encountered.
On compressible soils, the DRAINTUBE® FTF geocomposite evacuates the water from soil consolidation. It is often used in addition to vertical drains.
In cuttings, DRAINTUBE® FTF helps to drawdown the water table and prevents groundwater from rising in the structure.
Placed between the infrastructure and the sub-ballast, DRAINTUBE® FTF collects the water infiltrated under the railways or acces roads, and drains it towards the collection trenches or ditches on the sides.
Placed between the sub-ballast and the ballast, DRAINTUBE® FTF compensates for the loss of hydraulic conductivity of the ballast due to its densification and degradation over time, and increases the drainage capacity of the entire system
- Efficient drainage and filtration of the infrastructure even under heavy loads
- Use in cuttings and compressible areas in addition to vertical drains
- Increase of the long-term drainage capacity of the ballast
- Reduction of the construction time
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
- Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m (80’’, 40’’, 20’’, 10’’)
- Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m (13.1’ x 246’)